Jerky/torn graphics in Keynote on iBook

David Linker dtlinker at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 21 13:31:37 PST 2003

I just did my first presentation directly from Keynote. Overall, it
worked well, using an iBook 600 MHz, and projector. I am running OS X
10.2.4, and have 384 MB of memory.

The one problem was that there was "tearing" of the display on the
projector during some fancy transitions. After the presentation, I
tried playing with the display parameters to see if that helped. I had
heard that changing the refresh rate to 60 Hz might help. It made
things better, but did not resolve the issue. I tried the "Present on
alternate display" option, but that seemed not to do anything.

Does saving as Quicktime and presenting from Quicktime resolve the
jerky/torn graphic problem? Or just the crash during display issue,
which I believe has been resolved if you have OS X 10.2.4
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61858).

Thanks,

David Linker