[P1] OS X scanners

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Feb 23 16:24:45 PST 2003

How's life in Winterpeg at this time of year Murray? Coming a bit late to
this but...

I still have my Agfa Snapscan touch and although Agfa has stopped doing new
software as Mike mentioned there was a OS X release of the Scanwise software
(called Scanwise X) it works well with OS X and I use it with Omnipage OCR
software as well as Corel Photopaint, so your software should in theory work
as well...if you can't find Scanwise anywhere online send me an email
offlist and I will send a copy to you...as others have mentioned there is
also Vuescan as well for the future??? Besides in a year or two the scanners
will probably all be using firewire 800 and require more upgrades...in other
words, hang onto what you have as long as possible...

Cheers,

Richard