Clamshells, icebooks, etc...

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Sun Feb 23 16:57:39 PST 2003

iBook List2/23/03 1:01 AMibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com

>> Most of the people I have seen with this edition clamshell have the
>> Graphite
>> - seems so rare to find the Lime. Anyone else have one?
>
> ....I've got one, and I'm in no hurry to part with it; I can't imagine
> using another portable computer, or even another iBook. (The "icebook"
> design, while functional, is a bit too sterile for me. Sadly, I doubt
> that portable computing will ever see the likes of a vibrant color like
> "Key Lime" again.)

I agree. I'm so disappointed in the "ice" design. Apple went from innovative
and artistic to caving in to the business world and getting traditional
instead of eye catching. The fruit flavors are gone, everything is brushed
metal, etc...

I think they were on to something and could have "captured the world" (so to
speak) with their clamshell ibooks. I personally would love to have seen
them continue with larger hard drives, faster processors, and more screen
resolutions. A real let down this year was discovering that iMovie 3 will
not run on the clamshells due to their screen resolution being limited to
840.

I will say that Apple stayed true to their artistic insights with the lamp
style iMac - very cool. But their laptops have gone to poop (IMO).

Kathy