[P1] Airport Set up Question

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Mon Feb 24 05:31:11 PST 2003

On Monday, Feb 24, 2003, at 00:31 US/Central, Paul Bernhardt wrote:

>>> - Subnet mask. (Usually something like 255.255.255.0. It is not worth
>>> explaining. Just know that it mathematically matches your IP address
>>> number.)
>>
>> Clueless.  Blank on iMac.  Can't find in Verizon docs.
>
> try 255.255.255.0, it is very likely to work.

Agreed.  Some other possibilities (I think I had the second
one on my cable setup) are

255.255.255.126
255.255.255.124
255.255.255.120
255.255.255.112
255.255.255.96
255.255.255.64

Getting the wrong one is still likely to work fine, because
you'll never be talking to another machine on the same subnet
anyway.  Remember that *inside* the firewall you have a different
subnet--this is only for the Airport.

	Mike