[P1] icebook or clamshell

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Mon Feb 24 10:41:22 PST 2003

>> I think I prefer the ibooks over the clamshell models, this guy at
>> work
>> ahs a tangerine clammy, and it seems like such a waste of space,
>
> I agree that the lid seems as if it could hold a considerably larger
> screen
> display. It seems as though there is a lot of plastic space just
> sitting
> there where screen could be.

Remember, when the "clamshell" iBook was introduced, it was designed to
be as durable as reasonably possible, partly to make the product
attractive to the education market, where it might be expected to be
subject to more abuse. (This is part of the reason it also has a
carrying handle.) That, and LCD prices were still fairly high when the
iBook was introduced, which would necessitate a smaller screen.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net