[P1] hard drive partitioning

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 28 05:39:56 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 10:34  PM, CWiegardt at aol.com wrote:

> Can someone explain how to partition an external hard drive? And then
> how do
> I use it?

A partition works just like another drive thus a partitioned drive will
look, work and act like two drives.

Move all data on the drive to another drive since it will be erased.

Open Apple's Disk Utility.

Click on the icon of the drive you wish to partition.

Click on the Erase tab and choose Mac OS Extended, name the drive and
click on Install Mac OS 9 Drivers if you intend to use OS 9. Probably a
good idea to do this anyway. Click Erase.

Click on the Partition Tab and create your partitions. The steps seem
obvious so I won't go through them. [Actually I don't have a drive
connected so I can't see them.]

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com