Simple way of playing mp3s from CDRs ?

Romain Kang romain at kzsu.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 28 12:32:31 PST 2003

Have you tried iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced and unchecking
"Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library"?
It still leaves tracks in the library, though.  Fine if you
want something that remembers everything you ever listed to,
though not to my liking.  It's a start, though.

I'd also like to find an app for playing ordinary audio CDs which
I can use to quickly compute times for a selected track list.  The
iTunes model assumes you want to make a permanent playlist, while
I'd like to just type in a list of track numbers, like xmcd under
UNIX platforms with OSS audio.   (This is to support my hobby as a
radio DJ).  Nothing in VersionTracker.com seemed to do what I want.

Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
romain at kzsu.stanford.edu                except when indicated otherwise.