[P1] Simple way of playing mp3s from CDRs ?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Fri Feb 28 13:53:18 PST 2003

on 3/1/03 8:32 AM, Romain Kang at romain at kzsu.stanford.edu wrote:

> Have you tried iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced and unchecking
> "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library"?

Well .. That is one step in the right direction ... But as you say below ..
You then have a library list full of "cannot find the song" links...

Also .. It does not help with iTunes ability to totally mix up the order of
tracks with no apparent pattern ... A list I just tried has the songs just
numbered ... So .. They show up in iTunes like that: 9,5,27,26,12,11,1,21,19
... Do I need to go on ?? :)  sure I can just sort by track name .. But why
is iTunes creating this disorder in the first place ??

Thanks