Icebook dvd regionfree ???

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Wed Jan 1 15:21:21 PST 2003

I bet this topic has been discussed in one form or the other, but I cannot
find it in my archives ..

I am also aware that some may say that this topic is somewhat of a
shady-legal issue .. But I wonder how legal this stupid friggin regioncode
on DVDs is anyway ... It does not hold back pirates and it just annoys
normal people who happen to move around a lot ...

Has anyone here SUCCESSfully "upgraded" their icebook 500 mhz (first icebook
that came out) to accept all regions ?? If so .. Is there a website with
helpful hints ? I recall having read some stuff about that issue .. That in
many cases it is a firmware update that can potentially render your dvd
drive useless ... The last time I checked there was nothing out for the
icebook (or my G4 imac) .. But maybe that has changed ..

Thanks a lot