[P1] iBook Hypothetical

Theodore Alger silentwind262 at mac.com
Sun Jan 5 12:18:38 PST 2003

not hypothetical at all.... in fact, I tried this before I left
for Kuwait.... but to give you the benefit of my experience....

I have a graphite 466/SE clamshell:
I installed OS X on an external FireLite 30gb drive.  the problem
I found seemed to stem from the FireLite being bus powered, which
seems to be a problem when the system needs to access the drive...
I had a lot of problems with the system freezing on me.

what has worked out much better has been to install both OS 9
and OS X on the internal drive and put all my applications and
data on the external drive.   YMMV

Ted