[P1] Is there a way to activate contextual menus w/out thecontrol key?

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Mon Jan 6 04:56:53 PST 2003

>I use Classic a lot and consider FinderPop essential.  A wonderfully useful
>utility.  Read all about it at:
>http://www.lowendmac.com/wares/finderpop.html

Good review, but, alas, the link they provide doesn't work. The title of
the page it goes to is "FinderPop (R.I.P.)." I checked with Version
Tracker and searched "Mac OS" for "finderpop." It found FinderPop 1.9.2
and linked to:

http://www.finderpop.com/

Which said:

>Anyone for the last few copies of FinderPop 1.9.2? (393K.)
>Or if you have a stone-age Internet connection, you can try this HQX file:
>FinderPop192sit.hqx (540K.)
>
>Note that FP runs only on OS 8/9. Unfortunately, an OS X version of
>FinderPop is not likely to happen as I no longer work on Macs. Sorry.
>Some OS X users have recommended FruitMenu and ittec as possible FP
>replacements. Good Luck!
>
>Thanks for your support over the years. It's been real.
>
>See yez on the bitstream...
>
>--turly

(See that site for the download links.)

So, it's still "available," but may not be supported. Ittec was also
mentioned in a comment on Version Tracker as doing similar things for OS
X. The URL is:

http://www.balancesoftware.com/ittec/

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com