[P1] OT: Mr. Moore's most effective president

Eric B. Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 07:08:10 PST 2003

At 10:07 PM -0600 1/4/03, John Paul Moore wrote:

And by doing so demonstrated his selective memory:

>  Peace in the world,

Somalia, WTC bombing, Haiti, carpet bombing Yugoslavia with the long
term commitment of US troops, bombing Libyan aspirin factories to
take people's eyes off Monica, to mention a few things

Chechnya, Rwanda, Colombia, Sri Lanka, the Phillipines, to name a few
hot spots where he did nothing. We won't talk about his kowtowing to
the North Koreans, nor his failure to take Osama very seriously.

>prosperity at home,

Really? What economic problems are solved, what exactly is different
about the Democratic platform and the problems it ran on being able
to solve between 1992 and 2000? What? I really can't think of a
thing. They had eight years and the platform is still saying that
there are the same economic problems. Meanwhile, productivity is
increasing, sales and profits increase, when has there been three
quarters of decrease in the economy of America? Decreases in the rate
of growth, yes, but real decreases?

The stock market, increased? Really, gee, it is currently at the
level where it was when Greenspan told you it was overvalued, 7 years
ago, and began shrinking back to that level in the Clinton
administration.

Growth in the economy was because the electorate repudiated Clinton
policies in 1994. Remember that? For the first time in about 70
years, Clinton's policies cost the Democrats control of the House.
You can blame Gingrich all you want, but if people had liked what
Clinton was doing Newt wouldn't have had four legs and a tail to
stand on.

>fiscal solvency and
>the longest expansion of the American economy in history,

While the Republicans were in total control of writing and passing the budget.

But honestly, neither party has been really interested in fiscal
solvency. Since the time of Alexander Hamilton, who proposed writing
a national debt, because to have the people invested in the long term
solvency of the USA was a good thing, or so he wrote.

>. You may or may not
>recall, but that decision stopped the valid recount of ballots in Florida.

There was never a valid recount of votes suggested or proposed, there
was continual machinations for selective vote recounts that were
hoped that somehow could give Gore the edge. It dragged on for nearly
8 weeks, during which time the 'let every vote count' propaganda was
clearly discredited by the very real  decision to judicially
disenfranchise American servicemen that had voted by absentee ballot
from overseas. Despite getting most of the selective recounts that he
requested, he still never got that edge, despite his disenfranchising
our own military to stop the extra votes for Bush.

>Between the votes cast for Gore and Nader, the American people actually
>voted a strong repudiation of the unmandated coup de etat government now in
>power. Anyone who can count can verify this for themself.

So IOW, as I suggested you never really cared about the constitution
and the electoral collge requirement. Let's revive your selective
memory. If the combined votes of the people for Gore and Nader prove
a strong repudiation for Bush, then the combined votes for Bush and
Perot in '92, and the combined votes for Dole and Perot in '96 would
be a landslide defeat for Clinton. By your logic.

That would be supported by the people's further rejection of Clinton
with landslide victories for Republicans in Congress in '94, with
continued control of both houses, until their illegitimate regaining
of power by one vote switching in 2000, which was again reversed  by
the people in the 2002 elections so that we now have bicameral
Republican control again. So by that measure, it would seem a fairly
significant proportion of the population support Bush, 2 years into
his administration, unlike the first two years of Clinton.

So this is the last I say on this topic as well. I apologize to the
list, again. I didn't start it, and I probably won't end it, except
that I won't make any further replies to it.