[P1] Mac.com

Rick Banuelos teasethedog at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 23:02:46 PST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 08:27  PM, Ally Maddox wrote:

> Thank you, Charles, for all that info. Explain further about the
> various points you listed. Free software, Kodak prints, free web
> space. Will this cost $99 when the second year renewal comes around?
> Is the first year still $49?
> Thanks,
> Ally

If I may, I'd like to chime in with my experience. I'm a $49 .Mac-er,
and I re-evaluate the $99 yearly upkeep every day in dollars. Of
course, it's an opinion, but it works for me. Right now, I wouldn't pay
more than $70 for the service. I have 2 macs (soon to be one), and no
PDAs, so .Mac iSync doesn't make monetary hay. I'd like to get to know
iPhoto a bit better; I'd like to see if I can create a link to my photo
library without sucking up HD space and moving my images- I like to
manage my own things... I don't have a video camera, so I don't need
iMovie. My homepage has been wonderful to build and show my family, and
carries most of the weight in my decision-- mainly because I don't have
a firm grasp on html, and home page makes it easy for me until I learn.
After that, the $100 would only apply to the email address, and to me,
although a mac.com address is cool, it isn't worth $100. Oh, and the
free shareware games are nice, but they aren't worth $100 either.

Hope this helps,

Rick Banuelos

teasethedog at mac.com
-Retorts, allegations, power-skipping, and links to ridiculous places!
http://homepage.mac.com/teasethedog
WATERMELON

Little green Buddhas
on the fruit stand.