Safari Web Browser

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 10:56:43 PST 2003

> From: Robert Nicholson <robert at elastica.com>
>
> I for one truely hope Apple can remove it's dependency on Microsoft
> including Office.

It certainly looks like that's what they are doing. Safari isn't so
much a "let's dump MS" move as it is a stickpin in the ass of MS to
bring their browser up to standards.

OTOH, bringing over their own version of X11 -- now *that's* huge!!

(for those who don't know what I'm talking about,
http://www.apple.com/osx/x11)

The OpenOffice final beta is just up today, and that's just the
beginning. Average (aka "normal") users of Mac OS X probably shouldn't
bother with X11 at all, but for those of a geeky bent ... woo hoo!

_Chas_
"We don't want to be like Windows. We want to do everything better. We
are intent on creating the greatest computers and the best computing
experience in the world. And we are the only ones who can say that with
a straight face."
- Greg Joswiak, Apple VP of hardware product marketing