removing OS 9?

Jay Boshara jboshara at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 9 20:06:19 PST 2003

Bill:

Although your new iBook cannot boot into OS 9 (I think), you have to keep
the OS 9 System Folder on your hard drive for Classic to work.  I know this
because I also had no need for OS 9 so I nuked it by zeroing out my hard
drive and doing a clean install of Jaguar without also installing OS 9
(which is how I suggest you do it if you decide to), and now whenever I
accidentally download an OS 9-version of freeware/shareware and try to
install it, my system tells me that Classic will not work without an OS 9
System Folder.  It¹s no problem though, because I have opted to be OS
9-free.  My point is, I think you need to keep the OS 9 System Folder for
Classic to work.