Using the iBook as a CD player...

Pat D. Stephens patdart at cox-internet.com
Sat Jan 11 10:50:02 PST 2003

I have the iBook 700 and would love to use it as a music player thru my
TV which has good speakers.  I tried yesterday to hook the cable to the
sound in ports on the TV and put a CD in, but no sound came thru.  Is
there a trick to this?  When I play a DVD (which I now can do with the
right cable!) the sound comes thru fine.

It may sound weird to do this, but when the phone rings I'd like to be
able to 'mute' it remotely as I can the TV.  I'm gonna buy speakers
sooner or later, but not now.

Any thoughts?

Pat