[P1] Connecting my iBook to a Television

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat Jan 11 22:19:30 PST 2003

> So, does anyone know if this cable I purchased will work on my iBook?
> What
> "model" iBook do I have? Is what I want to do actually possible?

If you have the proper cable for your model of iBook (there are
slightly different cables for the "clamshell" and "icebook" models),
everything should work fine. What will happen is when you plug the A/V
cable into your iBook, the monitor signal will automatically be sent
out through that A/V port (and your screen should go blank, so you'll
want to be sure you're hooked up to a TV first), and you can start up
the DVD player from there. I used to do the same thing, before I had a
DVD player.

(But note that as far as I know, this only works with OS 9.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net