[P1] Connecting my iBook to a Television

Tubadude jmcclernan2 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 11 23:34:19 PST 2003

Hi Meg,
I have the same iBook. What you need is the Apple Video Adapter for iBook at
this page:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/253/wo/B04qp
6m1KjKq3gTRCBUOBQMBwMI/1.3.0.3.27.8.3.43.13.0

You will also need either a composite video cable (RCA type plugs both ends)
or an S-video cable, depending on which connection your TV has. Both are
available at any electronics store, such as Radio Shack.

Have the iBook running, but in sleep with the lid closed, connect the video
adapter and cable to the iBook, then to the TV. Turn on the TV and change
it's setting to VCR or LINE or whatever setting it has that by-passes the
built-in tuner. Open the iBook to wake it up and voila, your TV will display
your desktop. Insert your DVD and you are up and running. Keep your iBook
open while playing the DVD.

Cheers,
John