[P1] IBook query...

May Hall tsaf at chibardun.net
Mon Jan 13 04:39:50 PST 2003

I am still using my Tangerine ibook as my all around computer and I am
not running OS X. I have the maximum ram installed (288) and
would suggest that you update OS 9 to 9.2.2. It is the most stable
version of OS 9. With a 3 gig hard drive, the Tangerine just doesn't
have the room for OS 10, but runs like a dream in OS 9. I have also
done the firmware updates and use Diskwarrior and Norton Disk
Doctor (forget using the other *features* of Norton) and Tech Toll
Lite for maintenance.  These are invaluable for when things start to
crash or get weird.  I also suggest that you install Mozilla as the
browser. I use Green PPC, a little freeware email app, which I love
for its simplicity. I run the latest version of Appleworks 6, which
has eliminated all of the bugs that I found in earlier versions. If
she can afford it, an airport card and basestation make life with this
iBook even nicer.

I drool over the new iBooks, but even when I move up, hopefully
this Summer, I will keep my Tangerine for work. It has been my all
day, everyday companion.  It is so easy to use and sturdy and
forgiving.

May