[P1] PowerBook 190 query

Jon saint13 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 14 15:15:36 PST 2003

> I believe the 190 is not a PPC Mac, probably 68030 or 68040 and thus
> will not run any System design just for PPC. Thus OS 9 probably won't
> work. You may need System 6. Or earlier?

The Powerbook 190 was the non-PowerPC (68040) twin of the PPC (603) Powerbook 5300. Both were introduced in August 1995 and shipped with a minimum OS of 7.5.2. And it can be upgraded to as high as OS 8.1.

But more important, flip it over and see if the serial number has an AA after it, if not, send it to Apple to have them fix all the little problems that this model was "recalled" for...