[P1] iBook battery

Marcus tuel2000 at rcn.com
Wed Jan 15 16:12:32 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 03:59  PM, Alric J. Lam wrote:
> and even clean installing OSX, considering that it seemed to start
> happening after installing X onto the computer.
I don't think that your going to have to go as far as to reinstall os
x.  What happens is that the battery basically just gets old and all
you really can do is get a new battery.  I ended up doing just that
this past weekend when my old battery got to the point were it was
holding around 15 minutes of a charge.
> But since I have Apple Care, I called them up and they sent me a new
> battery.  and a new power adapter as well, since the old one wouldn't
> turn amber when charging the battery.  Apple Care is more than on the
> way to paying for itself.....
If you can, try to call up Apple and see if they will still let you get
Apple Care because I think its a great thing that I wish I would have
taken advantage of.  Other wise its off to the Apple store for a nice
little 130 buck battery. Having a new battery kinda makes me feel like
I have a new ibook because I can carry it around and use it as a true
portable.

-Marcus