[P1] PowerBook 190 query

Rick Banuelos teasethedog at mac.com
Wed Jan 15 16:56:00 PST 2003

>> (System 7.1 does not work on this model; you need a newer version
>> that does.)
>
> I believe the 190 is not a PPC Mac, probably 68030 or 68040 and thus
> will not run any System design just for PPC. Thus OS 9 probably won't
> work. You may need System 6. Or earlier?

7.5.2 Is the Original OS for the machine. 8.1 is tops for it. If you
want some GREAT info on this kind of thing, send an email to:

duolist-feed at lists.themacintoshguy.com

and post your message again.

Alternatively, you could email me off-list, and I can assist you in
breathing life into the old book- a bit of a hobby for me.

Rick Banuelos

teasethedog at mac.com