[P1] Ibook forgets Dock layout

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at attbi.com
Sun Jan 19 18:38:36 PST 2003

Yesterday I bought an Airport card for my Clamshell iBook and a Linksys
wireless router. I hooked it up with the uplink port to my Asante
router ( broadband internet ). Since I am not useing the Linksys'
router function I had no setup to do. I turned it on and clicked on
Airport setup in the utilities folder on my laptop. It worked
perfectly. Using the Linksys saved me $100 over the Apple base station.
I am now writing this from the comfort of my couch. There has been no
speed hit for going wireless. I have no problems with with my laptop,
it is a joy to use. I just thought you might like to hear my success
story.

    BTW, I also setup my wifes IBM Thinkpad to be wireless and that
works properly also. However I had to install software and reboot to
activate it. I then had to reboot and insert the PC Card after windows
started to boot and before it finished booting ( straight from the
instructions!). After Windows detected the card, it searched and pulled
a driver from the Linksys folder ( from the software install in step
one) and then rebooted again to activate the PC Card. 2 software
installs and 3 reboots to do what my Apple did with one click. And now
she has a thing sticking out the side of her laptop to get damaged when
she's transporting it.

So sip your wine in celebration of your good decision making skills!

          Mike