Solution! (was: Well, I've done it now!!!!)

maizychicken maizychicken at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 20 10:34:56 PST 2003

Hi All,

Last night my brother and I set out to take apart my iBook in search of the
loose screw.  Prying the plastic off, although doable, was not gonna be
easy, and the case is easily marked, scratched, and probably cracked
(especially around the battery area).  Consequently, I decided to abort the
whole process rather than spoil the aesthetics of my 'book.  Plan B:  Found
an Apple authorized service center (the one the guy at the Genius bar clued
me in to) that could do ON-SITE repairs.  They are getting the screw out for
$55 (sending it to Apple was gonna be $283).  Dropped it off there today,
and as they have a 48 hour turnaround, I should be back in business by the
weekend.

: )

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement.

Maizy