[P1] Epson 600 on 9.1

Kim Gammelg å rd kim.gammelgaard at get2net.dk
Mon Jan 20 12:53:41 PST 2003

On 20/01/03 21:33, "Bill Lockhart" <blockhart1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 02:43  PM, ifab wrote:
>
>> Anyone successful at doing this?  Or am I going out to buy a canon?
>>

> I don't know if this will help you but...
>
> I just installed the Epson 600 driver from the disk that came with the
> printer.
> this is on a new iBook Combo 800.
> I couldn't get OS X to recognize the printer so that's why I rebooted
> under OS 9 and installed the drivers.
> I'm using OS 9.2.2.
>
> so for me it works under 9.2.2.
>
> Bill

My parents have an Epson 670, which would only work in Classic. What a
hassle to make them make previews of everything they did in OSX and then set
Classic Acrobat Reader to open all .pdf-files, so that they could print from
there. Then came Jaguar and I swiftly installed Gimp-Print, and wizz-bang,
printing from OSX works superbly!
<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/gimpprint.html>
Open Source Rocks!

Cheers,