Mini-Book vs. 12"iBook: will it be as sturdy?

Joe jabeleda at nbn.net
Mon Jan 20 13:47:57 PST 2003

Hello,

  By luck I got to handle a "relatively new"  TiBook with Superdrive
from a friend this weekend. I was so geeked,  I couldn't keep my hands
off her (not to mention the girl, but that’s another story!) However i
noticed the TiBook's screen bowed when I gently raised the lid. It's
beautiful but seems to be fragile, compared to my tough dual iBook. I
use the iBook indoors, outdoors, at work and school. I carry her around
like my notebook. It’s so light, she's better than a supercharged PDA
at meetings. However, My interest was greatly peaked with the
announcement of the new 12" Powerbook. I am wondering if it will be as
rugged as the iBook. Did anyone have the opportunity to handle the new
mini-Books  at MacWorld or have insight into just how durable they are?

TIA =)