[P1] Anybody awake?????

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Tue Jan 21 08:17:38 PST 2003

Pat D. Stephens on 1/21/03 10:22 AM wrote:

> But the plugs are different sizes.  The Tibook's is larger.  Guess I'll
> need to order the Madsonline adapter?
>
> Pat
> On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 09:08 AM, Mark Kippert wrote:
>
>> It will if your iBook is a newer model (white, dual USB).
>>
>> -Mark

About 6-8 months ago I purchased a PowerBook Titanium AC adapter. It's the
older YO-YO style which is the same thing that first shipped with the newly
redesigned snow iBooks. It works perfectly with my iBook (dual USB,
500MHz/combo).

In addition I've recently purchased one of the new AC adapters to use with
my iBook because the small block shape is easier to transport than the
original YO-YO. Apple sells the AC adapter as only being compatible with the
Titanium and dual-USB iBooks. So now I leave a YO-YO at work and at home,
while I keep the new smaller one in my bag should I need it.

So perhaps I'm not understanding your original question since the Titanium
AC adapter does work for me on my iBook. Since the plug size is identical on
all three AC adapters they're interchangable between both machines.

-Mark