How Often Does Jag need a reinstall?

Pat D. Stephens patdart at cox-internet.com
Wed Jan 22 09:54:49 PST 2003

I'm using my month old iBook just as it came to me without a
partitioned drive, but am warned that it is dangerous to do that since
X has reputedly required a reinstall frequently.  Right now, I have
very little on it that I would lose were that to happen, but I am
wondering if I should partition it before using it full time.  What's
the lists' experience here on this topic?  For what it's worth, I've
installed X versions of PhotoElements2, Office and I believe that's
all...and it's running just fine.

What say you all?

Pat