Clamshell Memory Part 2

Joel Troyer jtfoto at netscape.net
Thu Jan 23 19:13:38 PST 2003

I asked a question a week or so ago about upping my clamshell (300mz)
memory higher than the stated 256 sodimm in the top slot.  Seemed to
draw allot of interest.  Lots of replies, with most feeling it would
work with the latest firmware update.  That's all I needed to here.

I purchased a used 512mb sodimm off Ebay for about $80 and stuck it in.
 (I already had the latest firmware.)  Poof, works fine.  Shows I have
544mb of Ram.  OSX (which barely ran on this clamshell) purrs along just
fine.  The only "real" test I can do to see if there truly is a speed
increase is to time functions in Photoshop.  Saving, sizing, sharpening
and all manipulations are noticeably faster now then when I had the
256mb dimm in.

Anyhow, for what it's worth, adding the 512mb sodimm made a noticeable
difference for me.

Thanks to all that replied.
http://shopnow.netscape.com/