quicken eats it, where to get the sw to reinstall?

Adam Lazur adam at lazur.org
Fri Jan 24 18:48:55 PST 2003

I bought my girlfriend an 800MHz iBook for xmas. Here's my tale of woe:
my gf has been playing with Quicken, and it tells her there's an update.
She downloads it, runs it, it gave her some kind of error that she can't
remember. (I have no idea what the update that she ran was, as she has
deleted it) Now Quicken won't run at all. When you double click it, the
dock expands like it's going to do the bouncing icon thing, but then it
collapses and nothing happens.

Console.app yields:

Jan 24 21:35:20 boba WindowServer[558]: ERROR! execle(/Applications/Quicken 2003 for Mac/Quicken 2003/Quicken 2003) returned, err=22

So it looks like Quicken is hosed.

Is there somewhere that I can find Quicken that came preinstalled on her
iBook to reinstall it? It's not on the cdroms that came with it from
what I can see...

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey