[P1] OT: Keep Internet Explorer or MS products?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat Jan 25 06:20:55 PST 2003

> Is there any reason to keep hold of Internet Explorer after using and
> loving Safari? I understand Safari's a beta, but so far it's much
> easier to use than Explorer.  I did find I couldn't access a secure
> site with Safari, but then I can use Netscape or OmniWeb until Apple
> gets it together with Safari.

Putting aside the irrational need some people have to eliminate all
Microsoft products from their computers based solely on the fact that
it comes from Microsoft; that decision depends entirely on what
features you need to use. I rely on Internet Explorer's "Subscriptions"
and very heavily on the "Scrapbook" features, so I'm happy to continue
to use it as my primary browser 'till these features are added to
another program, or there's another compelling reason to switch.

Practically speaking, Internet Explorer is free, and it doesn't take up
too much space on your hard disc. What would be the point in not
keeping it, just in case you need it?

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net