[P1] OS X on a PC? [forward from a different list]

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Jan 26 03:01:48 PST 2003

Charles Martin wrote the following:

> To be blunt, you've been had.
>
> The fellow was either lying outright ("wrote a thread" my ass), or was
> running Darwin (the open-source heart of OS X, but is really more like
> "just another UNIX"). More likely, he was running one of the custom
> themes for XP or Linux that make it look a lot like OS X and was having
> a cruel laugh at the expense of a gullible person.

I was wondering if the person simply had a PC version of virtual pc, vm ware
or something similar? and as Charles points out the source for Darwin is
available so this might explain how he could have three different OS's
running at the same time... But he may indeed have been trying to pull a
prank...

my 0.01 (inflation after new year!) :)

Cheers,

Richard