internet and email problems after waking up from sleep

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Jan 27 06:53:26 PST 2003

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known bug?

When I wake my iBook up from sleep and there was a program running before I
put it to sleep, I can make an airport connection to my ISP fine (dialup)
but when I try to call up emails or a page in a browser I just get the
spinning beachball and then after 2 minutes or so an error dialog box...It
seems that when there are no programs running when I put the Book to sleep
afterwards there is also no problem...

Usually acts up when I was leave Entourage X or Acrobat Reader 5 open before
putting to sleep.

iBook 700 (Sept. 2002)
640 MB RAM
20 GB HD