[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Mon Jan 27 13:01:03 PST 2003

>Can anyone give me details on a good dial-up call by call ISP (with or
>without registration) that I can use from a hotel room in Long Beach, CA
>area? I will be travelling there in Feb. and need to be able to call up
>emails with the laptops...Thanks for any help in advance.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Richard

You could try appleisp, which I use for travelling. Their website is
www.appleisp.net. They charge $14.95/month, so you could sign up for a
month, then cancel when you didn't need it. I verified that they have a
number in Long Beach.

Their website gives instructions for setting up your OS and email client
for their service. They also have good phone support. I'd probably use
their system all the time except that my current ISP can give me a DSL
line (it should be installed within a week or so), but appleisp cannot.
They do have an option for a dial-up ISDN service.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com