[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Jan 27 14:26:40 PST 2003

I'm trying out SurfBest (www.surfbest.com), and find it quite
good so far.  You have to look at their lists of access numbers
to figure out which "network" you'll sign up for, but they told
me they could switch us between "networks" occasionally if I
travelled to an area which had no number(s) in our primary "network".
$12.50/mo, good Mac instructions, no software install needed.  I'm
presently using it just as a raw ISP tho they have emails, etc.
At like $4/mo they have a broadband supplement account, use it just
a few hours/mo when you're not on your usual broadband for whatever
reason.