[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Jan 27 15:05:59 PST 2003

Tom R. no spam wrote the following:

> I'm trying out SurfBest (www.surfbest.com), and find it quite
> good so far.  You have to look at their lists of access numbers
> to figure out which "network" you'll sign up for, but they told
> me they could switch us between "networks" occasionally if I
> travelled to an area which had no number(s) in our primary "network".
> $12.50/mo, good Mac instructions, no software install needed.  I'm
> presently using it just as a raw ISP tho they have emails, etc.
> At like $4/mo they have a broadband supplement account, use it just
> a few hours/mo when you're not on your usual broadband for whatever
> reason.

Thanks Tom, I'll check them out as well. I enjoyed the bit about the
broadband...I would probably not make out of the hotel (if its setup for it)
to the conference! It makes me wonder though if there are (wifi) hotspots in
the long beach area? and if so where...anyone know of a site listing known
hotspots in the US?... this would be even better...enjoying a coffee
(hopefully in the sun) and taking a digicam picture of it to send to
friends/co-workers back in the UK...

Cheers,

Richard