[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Tue Jan 28 07:48:10 PST 2003

----- On 1/28/03 5:31 AM MDT (-0600), Jack Rodgers
<jackrodgers at earthlink.net> wrote, in part:

>On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 12:48  AM, Joe Dombrowski wrote:
>
>> That was not at all my experience at the Hilton.  I just plugged in my
>> ethernet cable and then switched the networking preferences from
>> AirPort to Built-in Ethernet.  Apparently not all networks are that
>> Mac friendly.
>
>You found the secret. You have to tell your Mac which option to use.

Not always. I switched those same preferences at the hotel, and it didn't
recognize the network. I didn't have the time to call their tech support,
so I just plugged into their phone "data" jack (which had the correct
polarity, unlike the data jack on the high-speed modem next to the phone).

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

Get and send email on any phone just by talking! 30 day FREE Trial.
www.hc.MessageWize.com