[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 28 13:23:32 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 11:58  AM, Brian Olesky wrote:

>> Also, if you have a cell phone with free long distance, just use your
>> local number. I find Sprint quite convenient for that.
>
> Could you explain, please? Sounds interesting.

First you have to be able to connect your Mac to a Sprint cellphone.
Next, you must know the phone number to use for connecting to
Earthlink, or other ISP.
Next, you have to know how to setup the networking stuff, not terribly
hard and after struggling for an hour, I found it on Earthlink's web
site and was online in 3 minutes.

This can be done with other phone companies, not just Sprint.

You need a cell phone and activate the option for connecting to the
Internet, a cable or Bluetooth (if you can find a phone with it), the
proper drivers and the account info.

---
Lobate Black Scale -- A Photo Essay By Jack Rodgers
http://www.jackrodgers.com