[P1] 12" v. 14"

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 28 21:02:42 PST 2003

On 1/28/03 6:50 PM, "J Patrick Draine" <draine at attbi.com> wrote:

> Hi, I still haven't made an iBook purchase yet. While I'm always eager
> for a bigger monitor, I'm not so sure the 14" is a big advantage over
> the 12". Are there are any comparative reviews out there? Comments from
> 14" fans? The prices on refurbs and closeouts are pushing me to take
> the plunge, one way or the other.

I remember when the 14" first came out, I happened to see reviews for it in
both MacAddict and MacWorld. The former raved about it because it had a
larger screen. The latter panned it because all it had was a larger screen,
without any resolution advantage. In other words, beauty is in the eye of
the beholder. I went for the 12" because it was lighter, and easier to
handle and carry around.

Brian