[P1] hot spots in the U.S.

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Jan 29 07:48:03 PST 2003

> ...And don't worry about all this talk of it being illegal or
> unethical. If all you're doing is logging on to get your email and do a
> little innocent surfing, you're not really hurting anybody or depleting
> their assets in any way.

I don't know that this is true in all cases. Certainly limited use
would have only a limited effect; but in the case, say, of a cable
modem connected to a wireless network, a greater number of users would
slow the system down for not only the rest of the users on the wireless
network, but other people in the neighborhood that also use the same
cable modem service.

I'm not saying "Don't do this;" just be aware of the consequences for
other users.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net