[P1] iBook and Restart command...UPDATE

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Wed Jan 29 08:30:45 PST 2003

On 2003-01-29 17:20, "pat" <patdart at cox-internet.com> wrote:

> Well, I gave it the control, apple, power command finally and it seems to be
> restarting.  Anyone have thoughts about what may have happened and how to not
> have it happen again?

Something was keeping your system from restarting. Some process waiting for
disk I/O, most likely.

> What should I do now?

Start up in single user mode and run fsck until it reports that your HD is
okay, then reboot.

> Also, how do I handle the mail problem?

No idea, I don't use Mail. But poke around Mail's menus for a bit, you might
find an option "Work online" or something.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Joost van de Griek