[P1] Why are screen caps in .PDF ? How to change ?

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Wed Jan 29 20:44:44 PST 2003

>Sure it is. I just dragged a pdf file onto the GC icon in X and it
>opened just fine. Then I saved it as a JPEG. The pdf file was created
>from a web page in Safari using the Print to PDF option.

A PDF file is still not an image anymore than a Word document or
AppleWorks document is an image. For example, one can select and edit
text in a PDF--try that with a JPEG, for example. A PDF is somewhat like
an Illustator file, but not exactly.

It is only the latest upgrade of Graphic Converter that has added this
feature, as I found when I got the 4.5.2 update. In any case, one can
bypass the problem by using Snapz Pro X, which also gives you a lot more
capabilities.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com