stuck clock-internet connect

Bruce Wood bruce.b.wood at valley.net
Fri Jan 31 12:12:44 PST 2003

Sometimes when I wake my iBook (OS 10.2.3) I find the menu bar clock
still reading the time the computer went to sleep.

When that happens, Internet Connect won't do anything. Only after
continuous Internet Connect attempts (sometimes a dozen or more)  does
the clock suddenly blink to the proper time and am I able to dial out.
Frustrating.

I can always tell if Internet Connect is going to work by whether or
not the clock is showing the right time.

Has anyone else seen this and have suggestions?

Thanks,
bw