Airport Base Station trouble

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Wed Jul 2 02:23:42 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I've just bought an original AirPort base station (graphite) and have it
sharing my Internet connection (through the modem) with my win98 PC over
ethernet and iBook over WiFi. Problem is, every so often the base
station crashes. It's happened three times today already and is starting
to get annoying!

Usually when it crashes it stops responding to any requests... if I try
pinging it, nothing happens. If I open up the AirPort Admin Utility it
doesn't find the base station either. And of course all attempts to load
web pages fail.

To fix it I just unplug it and then plug it back in after half a minute
of so. I tried reloading the firmware and if anything it's crashing more
frequently now! Also, I got the unit from the US, and I live in New
Zealand, so I had to get a different power adapter. I got one that
matched the specs on the US adapter... even though they are the same,
could this still cause a problem?

Does anyone have any ideas why my base station keeps crashing? If I
could fix it that would be wonderful!

Thanks,
--Michael Adams.