[P1] Ttly OT: Fiji exercises internet censorship !!!

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Jul 2 15:35:55 PDT 2003

Forced reboot in the extreme for Mac would be just holding down
the power button for like 8 seconds or so.  A little less
forced would be the pushing Ctrl-Apple-Powerbutton combination.
Before trying either, on some older Macs, you'd try pushing
the Option(?)-Apple-Delete combination.  And before that, try
pushing the Apple-. (ie period "." key) combo to force quit just
the current application (which didn't always work perfectly,
depending on the exact problem).

There are KnowledgeBase articles at Apple Support about this.
And of course, in OSX, force quitting an application is different
and easy, including just AppleMenu and choose "Force Quit".

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> Would someone tell me the difference of a 'forced reboot' and a 'soft
> reboot'?  Apple tech taught me to use a soft reboot years ago when
> things went wrong...aren't they different things?
 . . .