Sherlock--Why?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 13:42:13 PDT 2003

> From: Stephen Foster <foster at pop.ca.inter.net>
> Sorry, I should have said it's 10.1.5.

Ah. Well then please ignore everything said about Sherlock 3.

> There's probably something simple I haven't done first or don't
> understand but finding something on your own drive shouldn't require
> a lot of thought.

You're right, it should "just work."

You sound like a very good candidate for Jaguar ... I think you would
LIKE the separation of "Find" and "Sherlock" into separate things very
much! "Find" is really what I think you want -- small, simple,
reasonably fast.

In the meantime, open Sherlock and make sure the "hard drive icon" in
the top left of the main window is selected. Once that's done, type in
a phrase (like "Mac") and press the "magnifying glass" icon to start a
search. Have you tried checking Sherlock's "Help" menu?

_Chas_

"Microsoft has innovated nothing. The thing I find most contemptible is
Bill's lying , this thing about innovating. It makes me want to puke.
That's innovation a la Rockefeller, not innovation a la Edison."
-- Larry Elisson, Oracle CEO, 1998 interview with PC Week Online.