Warped lids... fixed?

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Thu Jul 3 19:48:24 PDT 2003

Well it's snowing outside my house here in Christchurch, New Zealand, so
to keep warm I lit a fire and was sitting facing the fire, laptop on
lap, screen facing the fire... you can see where this is heading, can't you!

Sure enough, I started to warm up, and then I realised that if I was
warm, my laptop must be gettting very warm. I put my hand round the back
of the screen and yes, it was quite warm. Then I had a thought... most
things warp if heated only on one side, so I closed the lid of my iBook
and it had warped alright... now the corners touched the base, but the
catch was now so much higher that I had to sqeeze the lid together to
get it closed!

In a way it seems I've fixed the warped screen problem, although sadly
this doesn't seem to be a permenant fix. It has curved back the way it
was before.

--Michael Adams.