[P1] a couple observations...

david davidwb at spymac.com
Fri Jul 4 15:00:04 PDT 2003

On 7/4/03 10:40 AM, "Joost van de Griek" <joost at jvdg.net> wrote:

>>> *** Go wash your mouth with soap... :-)))
>>
>> I was amazed that the 'new' Panther finder window looks so much like the
>> Windows XP finder window in that it has two sections, one with a directory on
>> the left and a display on the right for the contents of the folder. Both XP
>> and XPanther let you choose between list and icons. But from the looks of it,
>> Apple is cooler and friendlier, the difference between a blond and a redhead.
>
> I wish Apple would just admit that the Windows Explorer is a damned handy
> way to manage files, and offer a view with a collapsible folder tree in the
> leftmost column as an option.
>
> ,xtG
> .tsooJ

Yet another goober who isn't able to tell the difference between inspired by
Windoze and inspired iPhoto/iTunes. Panther's Finder is like Window's
Explorer only in that both have window panes to the left and a toolbar on
the top. That is it. Window's toolbar isn't user configurable and neither is
the window pane and, if either can be turned off, I don't know about it.

The Panther toolbar is just like Jaguar's although access to user folders
defaults to the windowpane rather than the toolbar. The top left pane is for
all mounted drives. The bottom is configurable by the user. The effect is
iTunes-like not Windows.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com