Apple Pro Speakers

charlesp charlesp at ksu.edu
Sat Jul 5 11:11:05 PDT 2003

Since I have seen evidence of several knowledgeable people on this list
(begin with flattery, it works every time), I have a question that is
unrelated to iBooks,but is Apple related.

Here's the thing: In addition to my iBook, I have a G4 computer that I
keep in a stand under my computer table. I also have the Apple Pro
Speakers--the ones that are ball-shaped. These connect to the G4 via
Apple's proprietary mini-plug. I would like to extend the length of the
speaker cable and can't seem to find a "legitimate" extender cable. Does
anyone know if a cable from some other source, such as Radio Shack,
would work? I know that the reason Apple went with this design is that
the speakers are digital (at least until something translates the signal
and moves the speaker cone in and out). I also am familiar enough with
Apple products to know that sometimes they go with a proprietary
solution for no other seeming reason than "because they can."

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charles Pearce
(charlesp at ksu.edu)