[P1] Accidental battery life development

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Mon Jul 7 23:53:37 PDT 2003

> I have a Key Lime iBook with the original battery it was purchased
> with; the battery is about three years old by now, and has seen
> consistent, almost daily use. The battery has been slowly losing it's
> capacity (switching to OS X hasn't helped matters much), to the point
> where it was down to about a half-hour between charges

Have you downloaded and applied the battery fix software for this
battery. I can't remember the name offhand but when my BB ibook battery
did that, I did a search in the knowledge base and found a small app
that is supposed to fix the performance if the battery is still good.
won't hurt it if the battery is simply aged but won't change that
either. MacResQ sends out a weekly newsletter and sometimes runs
specials on this battery, (3rd party replacement not apple brand). The
last sale price was $129 I think

Maybe if you run the software and then sleep the book, one of the two
will work for you.